Wednesday 2 April 2014

Orthographic Drawings

A part of this project and hand-in is creating orthographic drawings at a scale of 1:20. I have never done technical drawings before therefore I did it as best as I could. I did not anticipate how big my drawings were going to be..

My first images are my orthographic drawings that I have rendered using watercolour paint. I decided to use a ink pen in order to darken the lines and make it clear where each timber floor boards are to be, or the difference between my step seating and the actual steps. Unfortunately while I was doing this, my pen decided to keep bleeding and leaving ink all over my rendered drawings. 

I have spoken to Kate and she has suggested that I scan my drawings in sections and put them back together on photoshop. This allowed me to create more space between my drawings, and also touch up on my drawings from where my pen bled. Therefore the second set of images are after I had touched up my drawings using Adobe Photoshop.



On this photograph, you can see how the paper has crumpled when the watercolour was added and then was creased. By scanning into Photoshop I would be able to print out without these creases. 
A close up showing some of the bleed that occurred when I was ruling my lines and then being on my ruler which got smudged on other parts of my drawing.



The following are images following using Photoshop to additionally render and touch them up by removing accidental flaws. 








No comments:

Post a Comment