Tuesday 25 March 2014

1:1 Appointment with Kate

Today I have had my 1:1 appointment with Kate as a sort of catch-up to see how each of us are progressing with our projects respectively. I told her my ideas of how I want to not only design the interior of my space and the furniture, but also the landscaping as well. She thought this was good and not too limiting as well as giving me an idea that I could fine tune my vision of the space. She has worked with me to develop the following concepts:

  • That I totally enclose my interior so that the only light is through the large bifold door to the exterior
  • Progress with the beech timber floor boards but make them run along the walls and ceiling and coat them in a highly glossy varnish so that it reflects the light around the room, especially after reflecting off the water in the exterior.
  • Make my room almost like a viewing room like a cinema in which the furniture sink into the ground and are a progression from the step idea that I have been doing previously.
I will be taking these concepts and developing them further over the next couple of days in which I will be creating a new sketch-up model as well to help portray my idea for the space. If this works out how I want it to, after I create my 3D model in sketch-up I will export it into CryEngine and play with the water and the lighting to create the effect and vision that I have in my head.

Fingers crossed everything goes well and how I want it to and that there is not a limitation in either the software that I am using, or my knowledge and skill set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment