Thursday 20 March 2014

Concept 2: Landscape View Through Window

So a major idea that I want to portray within my design solution is the notion of being one with nature. My client Brad has expressed to me that nature and specifically water is significant to both him personally and his feeling of 'homely'. I have discussed with him the inclusion of water elements and he is very keen to have not only a fish tank, but also a water feature. 

Thinking about this, weighing the positives and negatives of having an interior water feature, I have decided that an exterior water feature is the best option and incorporate a water tank indoors. 

With this decision made, I have done a rough sketch of a possible view that could be seen from through one of the windows in the sun room:
However I am quite disappointed in the quality of my drawing once it was scanned - it was much better on paper. This is because I did the drawing of the Landscape view in a 2H pencil and then had to create an Auto Tone on Photoshop in order to make the lines visible. Though in doing so, it made my lines very grainy. Therefore because I had a little bit of spare time before classes, I have played around in Photoshop and turned this grainy image into a more artistic, stylistic representation of my drawing using a mixture of tools. It is as follows: 


I have also taken a photo of my drawing which came out a bit better than how my scan did:



No comments:

Post a Comment