Wednesday 19 March 2014

Concept 1: Sun Room: Two-Point Perspective

My first piece that I am presenting at my interim concept design presentation is a mock-up of a possibly layout of my sun room that I quickly put together on Adobe Photoshop. I have exported a view from my sketch-up model in order to create a two-point perspective of two of the exterior walls - the walls with the windows in them. Because the view is going to be a major element in my room, I have decided to lay the room around this accordingly. 

Consultation with my client at the start of this project outlined the fact that he would like to have a colour scheme that one would find at Oriental Parade. Thus a sandy colour, blues and shades of grey from the concrete steps. Because my client's ritual and space has a significant connection with nature and that this whole project is all about 'homely' I felt that the flooring should be a beech timber to connect the natural and nativeness of the timber back into my space. 

The choice of furniture was simply just done on colour and finding something that I could manipulate easy enough in order to help add to the two-point perspective view. Therefore, by no means is this the type or style of furniture that I would actually incorporate into my space. 

Another thing that I picked up on in consultation with my client is that not only water significant to both himself and his feeling of 'homely', fish and fish tanks are as well. He currently has a fish and a fish tank in his flat therefore he would like to see the implementation of a fish tank into my space too. I have decided to do this in the wall instead of a fish tank on a table for example. Again this was simply just grabbing an image of a fish tank in order to help portray my possible layout of the space, therefore it may or may not be this size and shape. Something that I am keen on however is the beech timber framing the fish tank which would contrast well and also complement the beech timber floorboards in my space.

Lastly I have incorporated a couple of vector humans in order to help portray how the space may be used.

The following is my two-point perspective mock-up:

No comments:

Post a Comment