Wednesday 26 March 2014

Choosing Materials for Rendering

I am at the stage in which my model is complete in sketch-up and now all is left is rendering the surfaces to give them a sense of materiality. This post is about what I am using for the elements in my model. I have scoured the Internet by searching for seamless materials in order to create an expansive free flowing look when added to a part of my model. If I did not search for seamless it looks very square and it is very obvious where each section of the material starts and ends.

I will be using this material for the timber floor boards that will run along the floor, walls and ceilings to create an enclosed space and help emphasise the bifold doors to make my space like a viewing room. To create a consistency in my design, I am also using this material for my bifold doors also.
I am using this material for my steps and my seating in my space. It has the same sort of charcoal colour as the concrete steps at my client's site. However this looks a lot more soft and is a lot more inviting to sit on if this is the upholstery rather than a concrete texture.
This is simply my grass texture that I will be adding to the grass section of my landscape in order to create a more realistic grass look than the generic sketch-up vegetation materials. 
This is my concrete texture that I will be using for the main paved concrete section of my landscape. It contrasts well with the other elements and materials around it and it creates the notion back to my client's homely site. 
My client said in our interview that he would like to see the colour pallet of beach colours used in my design, therefore I have used this sandy stone texture for the stone slab enclosing the main part of my patio area. It will contrast really well against the concrete texture as well to help create an aesthetically pleasing sight as per the purpose of my project and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment