Friday 7 March 2014

Laser Cutting my Model

So the task after 3D modelling the structure of my sun room on Sketch-up was to laser cut it on MDF. This required using the parallel perspective camera to export .DWG files of each separate face of my room. Once this was done, I had then had to import each of the .DWG files into Adobe Illustrator in which I had to colour each line either:

 - Blue for vector cutting; or
 - Red for engraving.

Then I had to make the stroke weights 0.1pt. All of this is how the laser cutter is set in order to function.

The following are screen-shots of the process:





It is a bit hard to see, but this is a screen shot of the Laser Cutter Template in Illustrator with my .DWG files coloured and weighted according to the laser cutters specifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment