Friday 7 March 2014

Sketch-Up Model - Post Client Discussion

So as my previous post conveys, Brad Mancer is my client for this project and therefore I must create a design solution of that his ritual which can be portrayed within a room in the state house we were given. I have thought about the aesthetic qualities that are in Brad's space and his connection with nature and especially water.

Therefore I have decided that I will be portraying my design solution based on the sun room in the state house. When I think of a sun room or 'conservatory' I will always think of my grandparents house. It is located at the top of a large hill overlooking Tawa and a large garden with greenhouse that my Granddad is passionate about maintaining. It is a pretty spectacular view and that is why I want to portray my design solution for Brad using the sun room. I want it to seem very open with a lot of light and views, however keeping that strong connection back to nature and water. 

So progressing with this, I have had to make the sun room following the dimensions of the house, modelling it at a 1:1 ratio. The dimensions are as follows:

Height - 8'2" 
Length - 11'8"
Depth - 8'

Doors are 1800 x 810 mm
Windows are 1610 x 600 mm

Door lintels are 90 x 70 mm
Window lintels are 90 x 90 mm

Timber studs are 90 x 45mm
Dwangs are 90 x 45 x 400 mm

The following are a few parallel-projection screen shots of how my sketch-up model of the sun room came out:


Back View
Front View
Left View
Right View

No comments:

Post a Comment