Sunday 2 March 2014

Documenting my Homely Ritual: Baking - Kitchen Walking

In this document I photographed the journey that one takes from the bench (while baking) to the pantry in which all of the ingredients are stored. I wanted to document the size of my kitchen space and I felt the best way to do this was to sort of collage the photographs together to make it almost look as that one is actually walking the path to the pantry. 

This incorporated the path that one has to walk - due to the fact that it is not just a straight line so I wanted to portray that but lining up each image on the previous and rotating them accordingly. Therefore I ended up with the sort of arched shape which is a better depiction of the journey than if I just collaged the images in a linear form.


I made this in Adobe Photoshop simply by changing the opacity and fill of each of the images to create this basic walking look. I experimented using different techniques however this worked the best and was the most aesthetically appealing. I added the text to try and reinforce the idea behind this document otherwise I felt it may not have been clear enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment