Sunday 23 March 2014

Exterior Garden Research

Due to the fact that a main element of my space will be the garden and the view in which one sees from my sun room. I have expressed to Kate in my interim concept presentation that I am interested in doing a little bit of the landscaping / exterior of my sun room as part of my project. She feels that I could definitely do this, and in fact do some research and photograph spaces in which I could hypothetically 'build' my space on. 

From this I have done a quick bit of research on the Internet and found a couple of places that could be potential places I would look at and take some photographs of:

This first image is Aotea Lagoon in their Rose Garden. This is a very beautiful, serene place that would be very apt for the exterior of my room. The water feature is a main feature of the garden without being too dominant and overpowering the rest of the garden which will be a key aspect of my exterior.
These two images are of the pond in the Botanical Gardens in Wellington. Both of these images show the natural foliage that encapsulates the pond. I chose them not only to portray the foliage and the beauty especially with the reflection on the pond, but to begin to think about the terrain my sun room would be built. Whether it be built on flat ground, like the second image, or be built on a hill overlooking a garden backdrop like the first.

This last image was another photograph of the Botanical Gardens portraying a very tranquil, quite minimal waterfall that would be perfect in the exterior of my space. Like I said above, I want the waterfall or water feature of some sort to be a main feature of my garden view, but not to take attention off other elements. How it is almost as if the waterfall is being masked by the ferns and other native foliage adds to the natural, look and feel of this space. I want to portray this in my own garden exterior.

No comments:

Post a Comment