Wednesday 21 May 2014

Adding a Mezzanine to my Model

Following having my concrete forms sorted for the exterior walls, I have begun to test out how I could incorporate a mezzanine to in my model to make it two storeys to allow the first floor a fully open planned public space. The following are tests with different possible mezzanines..




These were my first trials, what it would look like with the mezzanine arching down towards the first floor and extending out side to work as like a veranda for an outdoor living space.



Second test, extending mezzanine to act as extra bedrooms for example.



Third trial, flipping the mezzanine so that the occupants wouldn't walk, or fall off down to the first floor. To be honest, I still feel like I need to think about this mezzanine a bit more due to the fact that I do not feel that any of these options really work.




No comments:

Post a Comment