Saturday 10 May 2014

Curved Concrete Roof Sketch-Up Model

Following my sketches and the design that I had decided on, I have continued onto the computer in order to model my design using sketch-up. Something that I did not fully comprehend until I was already trying to make my model was how difficult it is to create an arching structure that arcs but horizontally and vertically - sketch-up does not like creating this shape three dimensional. What I mean by this, as you can see in the images below, both the walls are made out of two sections - the base, with the arched top extending from the base. This has meant that there was a corner of the base where the arched top did not cover. If I continue with this design I will try and remodel these walls to make them a single, smooth surface.

I have also added a very primitive version of glass in order to help better visualise the dwelling. And help portray the materials that I will be using throughout. My images of my model are as follows:

Plan view.
Front elevation
Rear elevation 
Left side elevation 
Right side elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment