Sunday 25 May 2014

Material Study

As part of our assignment we are asked to complete a 1:1 material study of which we plan to use in our dwelling. I have been quite set on my materials from the start of this project in which I have wanted to use:

  • Concrete, (preferably a white concrete - similar to white Portland cement)
  • Double glazed glass
  • Stained New Zealand Pinus Radiata timber for trimmings and the bench top for example
    • The timber has been stained with Feast Watson's 'Rich Jarrah Satin'
    • Bottom left corner - 1 coat
    • Upper right corner - 2 coats 
  • White ceramic tiles for the bathrooms to create a nice contrast against the wood and concrete
The following image are photographs of my 1:1 material study that I have conducted..



Trying to focus on the texture of the concrete and allowing the other materials to begin to blend in with one another. I plan for my concrete to have a slight texture (refined) without being rough like traditional concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment