Thursday 22 May 2014

Soap Skin Bubble - My Model

Following learning how to use the soap, skin, bubble plugin (which I explained in my previous post) I have now used it to create the bubble for my models dome structure. Unfortunately I crashed sketch-up halfway through so it has missed a couple of steps, but this is what I was able to document on the progression..

Plan view of my concrete walls. 
Lining out the centre of concrete walls to make that every gap between my two walls will be made part of the skinned shape.
Beginning to make the shape by lining out the gaps.
Finally made the shape that I will be creating my dome from. As I stated in earlier posts, this will not be a simple hemi-spherical dome due to the fact that they come to points. 
I then skinned my shape with a 40 division ready to add pressure.


This is what I meant by increasing pressure in increments, the pressure was not high enough in order to start folding in on itself and having a seizure, however it is miles too big for what I need, and it is upside down obviously.. 
This is closer to what I need, definitely than the one above, however this is also the point in which I crashed sketch-up and lost the rest of the steps of how I ended up getting to my final dome which the image are  below..



No comments:

Post a Comment