Sunday 4 May 2014

Clay Model - Curved Concrete Roof

Following my sketches, I have attempted - attempted being the appropriate word for it, to create a clay model portraying my proposed concrete curvature roof. I did not use a wire mesh to help hold the form of the curves, I simply sculpted this by trial and error.. Thus the shabby craftsmanship in which I apologise for. 

However the craftsmanship aside, this was a good experiment to see how my proposed concrete roof would function and it also gave me a better insight into the craft and physics involved for making this idea a reality.

Below are a few images of different angles of my clay model when the two parts of my roof have been placed where I want them in order to have the space for my actual house.


















No comments:

Post a Comment