Saturday 24 May 2014

Model Structure Completed

The last couple of days I have solely been focused on completing the structure of my house and filling out the gaps from the concrete walls. I have decided to add an extra hallway for the main entrance of the dwelling. It combines the concrete that I use throughout my house to act as a screen so that people cannot see into the public areas of my dwelling from the street. However it uses glass to carry through the consistency of materials and also to allow natural light into the entrance way to create a welcoming entrance for not only the occupants, but also visitors too.

Due to the fact that I have decided to add a mezzanine into my dwelling in order to have the private spaces upstairs, I have decided to continue the idea of elegant forms within my design. I have done this through the implementation of two different glass domed windows that separate the two levels at the rear of the house. 

Front elevation
Rear elevation
Left elevation
Right elevation
Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment