Monday 26 May 2014

Geolocating My Model

A part of this project entitles us to create both a 1:1000 site model and geolocate our model also. I decided to do both of these in a single hit. I firstly geolocated my model using the 'Add Location' function in sketch-up to get a Google map satellite image of the area in order to angle my model geographically to the parameters of the section..

The concrete base that my dwelling is sitting on signifies the 400m2 section that we have to work with. This model is to scale and fits the site of 15.5m by 25.8m:



Front elevation from Fisk Street






In order to create my 1:1000 scale model I then took a screenshot from Google Maps and placed it into Sketch-up. I wanted to make my 1:1000 model be more realistic and in doing so, allow to get a better understanding of how my dwelling would sit amongst the neighbourhood of Naenae. Therefore I have drawn the residential properties in the area and made them all a generic 1 storey buildings height. Some of the houses in the area may be 2 storey, but for all intensive purposes, I made them all 1 storey.







No comments:

Post a Comment