Saturday 17 May 2014

Changing my Idea

Unfortunately with my uncle passing away in the weekend, I have not accomplished much this week as my mindset has been elsewhere. Something that I have decided on however, is changing my idea and model. I sat down and thought about how the space would be occupied which would be a bit of a squeeze, but more importantly it does not allow enough natural light to enter my dwelling which does not abide by my design concept for this project - to optimise natural light and decrease artificial light consumption of the occupant. 

Presently the form of the concrete walls due to the the fact that they arch inwards into the interior dwelling space, blocks a lot of the natural light from entering the dwelling. Therefore I will be going back to the drawing board in order to come up with another way of incorporating curvature concrete walls but opening up the space to allow more light to enter. This will require the walls to arch outwards to the boundaries of the section as apposed arching into the dwelling. 

I will play around in sketch-up and do some sketches to come up with some possible ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment